“So you see, it’s a dinosaur…with a video camera… for a head.” In 2007, I was handed an interesting logo design project for an independent documentary film production company creatively named, Dinosaurs of the Future.
Dinosaurs of the Future shot and produced The Providence Effect, an inspirational documentary about Providence St. Mel, a remarkable charter school in one of Chicago’s most dangerous neighborhoods.
The film went on to win several awards, including:
· 2009, Official Selection, International Premier Dawn Breakers International Film Festival
· 2009, Winner, “Best Documentary”, Omaha Film Festival
· 2009, Winner, “Most Inspirational Documentary”, Seattle True Independent Film Festival
· 2009, Winner, “Audience Choice Best Documentary”, Lake County Film Festival
My initial thought process took me immediately to this concept – the “camerasaurus.”
Providence Effect Movie Trailer
I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that the logo in the opening credits of the film is an incorrect, improper rendering; a gut-wrenching disappointment for any designer. Despite this minor hiccup, it was an honor to play even a small part in this noble project, I’m truly grateful.
Logo designs are rarely nailed on the first try, and most go through dozens, hundreds or even thousands of iterations before they’re finalized. We created a new YouTube channel and some short videos to showcase the process of some recent design work. We’ll be adding many more videos to our channel’s line-up in the future.
Let us know what you think!
Services: Logo Design, Branding, Label Design, Carton Design, Packaging Design,
Peacetime Propaganda is a creative design studio in Austin, Texas. Contact us about your creative design needs today.
14 Things Your Competitors Are Doing Right Now to Steal Your Customers:
- New Website (or making big updates)
- New Blog (or ramping up blog posts)
- New Logo (or refreshing their entire brand identity)
- New Business Cards (fresh designs on premium stock)
- New Stationery (their letterhead is looking really good)
- New Packaging (eco-friendly paper and soy inks)
- New Advertising (a bold new campaign on the web and in print)
- New Brochure (their brand and info cleverly folded into a customer-looting package)
- New Signage (a traffic-jamming new sign for their brick & mortar)
- Social Media (they’re being followed and soon they’ll have more Likes than you)
- E-Newsletter Marketing Campaign (coming to an inbox near you)
- Direct Mailers (coming to a mailbox near you)
- Stickers/Banners/Posters (their name is everywhere yours is or isn’t)
- Tradeshow Graphics & Promotional Items (their business is expanding)
How many items on this list has your business been putting off?
Kickoff 2014 intelligently by getting a leg-up on the competition before they start biting you on your bottom-line. Take note of this list, pay attention to your competitors’ marketing efforts and contact us today to start strategizing for the rest of the new year.
Protect your business and cover your assets.
Customer-loyalty is a fleeting concept in 2014. Keeping the face of your business fresh and up-to-date is not only essential for attracting new customers, but also for holding onto the customer base you’ve worked so hard to build.
Contact us about your creative design needs today.
Peacetime Propaganda is a creative design studio in Austin, Texas. We provide virtually every type of print product as well as web design, company newsletters, and social media design services.
The Coastal Bend Medical Group Management Association (CBMGMA) is a professional, non-profit association affiliated with the Texas MGMA. CBMGMA provides educational and networking opportunities to enhance the professional practice of medical group management in the Greater Texas Coastal Bend area for healthcare administrators and leaders.
We created an original concept and design inspired by colors and imagery from the Gulf of Mexico (ocean, beach, sky and palm trees). Site navigation is prominent, clean and optimized for accessing core areas (Join CBMGMA, Meetings and Job Listings).
For this project we also created a new, simple logo and other light identity work throughout.
Work on cbmgma.com is ongoing and slated for completion in 2013.
Services: Concept Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Logo Design, Development
Looking to create a new or refresh your current website? Contact us and let’s talk about your ideas today for tomorrow.
Inspired by themes and fashions of the 1940’s and 1950’s, Lucky Lou Shoes are unique, hand-carved women’s shoes designed by owner/designer Linda Lou von Hochtritt.
Lucky Lou Shoes have been featured in Lucky Magazine, Bust, ElleGirl, Tattoo, Tattoo Monthly, Car Kulture Deluxe and Woodcarving Illustrated. Retailers worldwide carry Lucky Lou Shoes including in the US, England, Japan, Australia, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
This logo design marks the beginning of Peacetime Propaganda’s efforts to completely rebrand Lucky Lou Shoes.
Services: Brand Development, Logo Design
Peacetime Propaganda is proud to be involved in Austin Furniture Depot’s generous pledge to the Susan G. Komen foundation in the fight against breast cancer. Five percent of all profits in the month of October will go towards breast cancer research.
Help support the cause – visit Austin’s Furniture Depot during the month of October!
We’ve donned the Austin’s Furniture Depot logo with the signature pink ribbon this month.
Austin’s Furniture Depot’s entire website was also designed and developed by Peacetime Propaganda during the summer of 2012.