Peacetime Propaganda is excited to provide event collateral for Voice & Exit 2014 happening today (June 21, 2014) in Austin, Texas, at the Austin Music Hall & Ballet Austin. Today’s event is about MAXIMIZING HUMAN FLOURISHING and features Visionary Talks, Interactive Breakouts and a Festival of Arts. Peacetime collaborated with LIVbyDesign to produce myriad event signage, banners, display boards, the official Voice & Exit registration badges and event brochure.
Voice & Exit is an event built around a simple idea: human flourishing. We want to explore, celebrate and implement ideas that enable people to find well being, life meaning and stronger connection to others. Sometimes flourishing starts with transformation: speaking up (Voice) or opting out of the status quo (Exit) and creating something new.In a world that is increasingly rife with new insights and innovations that enable flourishing, it can be hard to keep up. Voice & Exit helps navigate all these promising pathways and equips people with the tools for personal and social transformation.
Along with exploring ideas that better enable us to flourish as individuals–such as biohacking, health optimization, positive psychology and expanded consciousness–we explore ways to develop new social operating systems that support happy, healthy, and free societies.
Human flourishing ultimately depends on peaceful cooperation among individuals with overlapping values and complementary preferences. Together we can create a world that supports this vision.
The era of coercion is passing away. The era of Cooperation and Connection has just begun. – voiceandexit.com
Tickets still available at voiceandexit.com.
Follow on Twitter at #voiceandexit.
Like it or not, the new Twitter layout is here. Historically, social media overhauls are not well-received — ex: the infamous rollout of Facebook’s news feed. Twitter users have expressed a wide range of reactions to the new look, from excitement to pure hatred. Inevitably, we must all adapt and embrace (or simply endure) the changes.
Emotions aside, and for the sake of professional diplomacy, this post will only quickly focus on a few key points.
- Larger profile images (400 x 400 pixels)*
- Larger header images (1500 x 500 pixels)*
- Best tweets (basically the more popular the larger the font size)
- Pinned tweet (pin a favorite tweet to the top of your profile page)
- Tweet filters (view tweets only, tweets and replies, or tweets with photos and/or videos)
- Grid view (for your followers, who you’re following and photos/videos)
Image tips (trial and error; repeat):
The profile photo will remain static at 400 x 400 pixels, while the header graphic will scale and zoom in response to the width of the browser window.
Twitter Profile Photo:
- You may need to set up a bleed (15 to 20 pixels of padding), because the image appears in a thickly-bordered container with rounded corners.
- Remember, the image size will be reduced to 75 x 75 pixels and 50 x 50 pixels (and possibly even smaller in some cases), so be sure to check for quality and legibility at all these sizes until you find the right balance.
Twitter Profile Header (can be tricky):
- Twitter recommends 1500 x 5oo pixels, but depending on what content appears in your header you’ll need to keep adjusting the image to fit various widths.
- A top and bottom padding of about 20 to 30 pixels is recommended for any important content because the top and sub navigation of the page will slightly cover up your header image.
Remember to check everything out on mobile devices (particularly smartphones) because the width and height on these devices will crop your image in various ways.
We can help:
If all of this is way over your head, contact us and we’ll set your branding up right, not only on Twitter, but across all of the social media platforms you use.
*These are the recommended pixel dimensions at the time of this writing.
“So you see, it’s a dinosaur…with a video camera… for a head.” In 2007, I was handed an interesting logo design project for an independent documentary film production company creatively named, Dinosaurs of the Future.
Dinosaurs of the Future shot and produced The Providence Effect, an inspirational documentary about Providence St. Mel, a remarkable charter school in one of Chicago’s most dangerous neighborhoods.
The film went on to win several awards, including:
· 2009, Official Selection, International Premier Dawn Breakers International Film Festival
· 2009, Winner, “Best Documentary”, Omaha Film Festival
· 2009, Winner, “Most Inspirational Documentary”, Seattle True Independent Film Festival
· 2009, Winner, “Audience Choice Best Documentary”, Lake County Film Festival
My initial thought process took me immediately to this concept – the “camerasaurus.”
Providence Effect Movie Trailer
I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that the logo in the opening credits of the film is an incorrect, improper rendering; a gut-wrenching disappointment for any designer. Despite this minor hiccup, it was an honor to play even a small part in this noble project, I’m truly grateful.
Logo designs are rarely nailed on the first try, and most go through dozens, hundreds or even thousands of iterations before they’re finalized. We created a new YouTube channel and some short videos to showcase the process of some recent design work. We’ll be adding many more videos to our channel’s line-up in the future.
Let us know what you think!
Services: Logo Design, Branding, Label Design, Carton Design, Packaging Design,
Peacetime Propaganda is a creative design studio in Austin, Texas. Contact us about your creative design needs today.
14 Things Your Competitors Are Doing Right Now to Steal Your Customers:
- New Website (or making big updates)
- New Blog (or ramping up blog posts)
- New Logo (or refreshing their entire brand identity)
- New Business Cards (fresh designs on premium stock)
- New Stationery (their letterhead is looking really good)
- New Packaging (eco-friendly paper and soy inks)
- New Advertising (a bold new campaign on the web and in print)
- New Brochure (their brand and info cleverly folded into a customer-looting package)
- New Signage (a traffic-jamming new sign for their brick & mortar)
- Social Media (they’re being followed and soon they’ll have more Likes than you)
- E-Newsletter Marketing Campaign (coming to an inbox near you)
- Direct Mailers (coming to a mailbox near you)
- Stickers/Banners/Posters (their name is everywhere yours is or isn’t)
- Tradeshow Graphics & Promotional Items (their business is expanding)
How many items on this list has your business been putting off?
Kickoff 2014 intelligently by getting a leg-up on the competition before they start biting you on your bottom-line. Take note of this list, pay attention to your competitors’ marketing efforts and contact us today to start strategizing for the rest of the new year.
Protect your business and cover your assets.
Customer-loyalty is a fleeting concept in 2014. Keeping the face of your business fresh and up-to-date is not only essential for attracting new customers, but also for holding onto the customer base you’ve worked so hard to build.
Contact us about your creative design needs today.
Peacetime Propaganda is a creative design studio in Austin, Texas. We provide virtually every type of print product as well as web design, company newsletters, and social media design services.
E-Newsletters are an essential tool for fostering brand identification and customer loyalty, for identifying you as an expert in your field, and for driving repeat business. Peacetime Propaganda now offers custom e-Newsletter Design and Campaign Management services, in addition to our long list of print and web design products.
E-Newsletter Design and Campaign Management Services include:
- Custom Template Design(s): Specific to your business, brand, product or service
- Account Setup and Management: Import your contact list, customize multiple lists based on different demographics, subscription management, social media integration and more
- Website Integration: Mailing list sign-up button/form added to your website, an automatically updating newsletter archive and further social media integration
Contact us, and let’s discuss how your business or cause can benefit from a modern, web-based e-newsletter campaign.
Peacetime Propaganda is a creative design studio in Austin, Texas. We provide virtually every type of print product as well as web design, company newsletters, and social media design services. Contact us about your creative design needs today.